Friday, January 13, 2012

later, but still early Friday morning

While the procedure went well and they were able to clear some of the clotting away, all is not done. A CT scan after the procedure showed that some of the key clots were cleared, but there was still a lot of clots and more bleeding. There pressure was high enough that bleeding continued in the spinal cortex region.

At one point, after being moved back to the critical care unit, Aimee had a heart attack because the pressure in her head was still too high. The doctors were there and her blood pressure dropped to 0 for only a few seconds before they were able to assist the heart. At that point, they decided that the best thing to reduce the pressure was medicate her into a deep coma.

That is where things are right now. Aimee appears to be resting peacefully as the doctors watch. It is now a time to wait and see what will happen next. As one Doctor put it, she is in the woods and we are taking things hour by hour.

We are hoping and praying for the best.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my heavens, heavens, heavens. Please tell me if there is something we can do. We are just praying, praying. I have been watching this blog so closely. Thank you so much for updating, especially considering what you are going through. Bless your heart. I am getting her on prayer rolls this morning. Love You.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wendee, just wanted you to know that the whole family is watching your updates and praying for miracles. Hang in there... We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wendee, I can't believe this. I am so sorry. I will pray for Aimee and for you. It is hard to be a strong mom in these situations so I will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your sweet and precious Aimee. We love you guys and we are praying for the Lord's hand to comfort and bless you all at this critical time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendee, please know that we are praying and fasting for Aimee, and the rest of your family. It is so hard to believe this is happening! I put your names in the temple first thing Tuesday morning. Can I bring you some food at the hospital? Even a basket of food you can use to snack on for a few days? Please let me know if that's okay. I love you, and I love Aimee. Praying the Lord sends His choicest blessings and love to each of you right now.

    ReplyDelete

1 Year Mark

It's really hard for me to believe that 1 year has gone by. The last week was really hard. Two weeks ago I started having nightmares rel...