Saturday, February 25, 2012

Marker for Aimee's "Spot"

For some reason when I hear the words "head stone" or "grave" they just seem so harsh and cold. I decided to use the words marker and spot instead.

Garrett and I ordered Aimee's marker on the 15th and it should be in place by her birthday, April 12th. It will have a cameo (photo on tile) on it, but that takes longer to come in so I'm hoping that will be here by my birthday/Mother's day.

The bronze marker sits on granite with a 4 inch border of the granite surrounding it. It will have a separate heart shaped granite above it with a vase on that. The image below shows what the basic shapes will be on the bronze. It will be a dark bronze with the text and other emblems polished to a lighter shiney bronze.


It was really hard to pick everything out. It just felt so final. I feel weird saying that because death is the most final thing I can think of, but somehow picking out the marker made it even more real.

When Aimee was a little girl and and I divorced her father I took my maiden name of Bingham back again. When she found out I was Wendee Lynne Bingham and not Wendee Lynne Henline she wanted to be Aimee Lynne Bingham. I tried to explain to her that she was Aimee Lynne Henline, but that she was part of the Bingham family as well. She decided she was Aimee Lynne Henline Bingham and would always identify herself that way. For anyone that knows Aimee once she made her mind up on something there was little hope of changing her decision so Aimee Lynne Henline Bingham it was.

When I married Garrett and became a Pease she decided she was Aimee Lynne Henline Bingham Pease. Those were the three families who cared for and supported her in this life so I felt it was fitting that all three names be represented on her marker.

I also added the word beloved beneath where her photo will be because in French the name Aimee means beloved and that is one reason why we spelled her name that way. I also liked the double e at the end of that spelling because it is spelled like my name. She will always be my beloved daughter!

~Wendee

4 comments:

  1. I love it!! I think it really represent AIMEE!!! Love you Wendee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea her name was so long and amazing. That is wonderful. I think it shows her strength and love for her entire family. That really is special. I also love the theatre stuff. I had no idea she was into that. And music. Both Cambrielle and Skyler are so into that. No one else in my family does that. So it feels like a connection. Lots of special stuff on that marker. The little saying "I can do hard things" So many of my friends have given that to me in cards and letters over the past several years. I love it. Really such a special way to remember someone so special. Basically as if you needed my approval, you have it. hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful story for a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete

1 Year Mark

It's really hard for me to believe that 1 year has gone by. The last week was really hard. Two weeks ago I started having nightmares rel...