Friday, February 10, 2012

Audio Recording of Aimee's Funeral

I intended to upload the Audio Recording of Aimee's Funeral shortly after the proceedings, but when I got the CD over a week and a half ago I just wasn't ready to listen to it yet. I remember feeling really uplifted and so grateful for the music and talks, but it seemed like listening to it would make her death more final somehow. I'm sure that doesn't really make sense, but I'm sure I'll be listening to it many times from now on.

The recording was edited to start after the opening prayer, and end before the closing prayer. I removed most of the pauses between the songs and speakers, and it is a lower quality recording because it is about an hour and 9 minutes long so otherwise it would take a long time to download.

The best way to listen to the recording is to save a copy of the recording to your computer you'll need to download it by right clicking on the link below and choosing "Save link as..." or "Save target as..." and then choose a location on your computer to store it. Once you've done that you can play the file right on your computer. Otherwise you can listen to it streaming on the web by clicking on the link below. However, it may temporarily stop playing while it is streaming or take a long time to load and play at all. Sometimes if you pause the file and wait a minute for it to download a temporary copy to your computer then you can listen to it without the playback stopping.

Funeral of Aimee Lynne Henline (smaller file with less pauses)

Funeral of Aimee Lynne Henline (larger file size with pauses)

The first song is sung by Aimee's friends from school. When they went up to sing the song and lined up, there was a gap just right of the middle next to her friend Kelsie. I kept looking at that empty spot thinking that Aimee was right there singing with them. I even had several people comment saying the same thing.

I truly appreciate the effort that was put into the music and talks. Aimee's funeral had many more songs than most funerals because her life was filled with music and it is how she loved to share her testimony of the Savior and to communicate in general. Music speaks directly to the heart.

I hope you're able to feel the peace the music and messages in the funeral have provided to me and many others.

~Wendee

No comments:

Post a Comment

1 Year Mark

It's really hard for me to believe that 1 year has gone by. The last week was really hard. Two weeks ago I started having nightmares rel...