Saturday, March 10, 2012

Memories are Precious

Today the kids were talking about being "pruney" after being in the bathtub and Toria mentioned how Garrett calls her "Prunella" when she gets that way. I asked if she knew where that started and she said no.

When Aimee was little we were reading some of the Author books and there was a character named Prunella in them. One day when she got out of the bath she commented on how wrinkly her hands and feet were. I told her she looked pruney and then I called her Prunella. She didn't love that character but we thought it was funny so the nickname resurfaced whenever she had pruney skin and continued on with the other kids. Today we decided that Aaron could be Prunello when he's pruney.

I've been thinking about how important memories are. That is why I'm trying to post memories of Aimee each week. My cousin gave me a pretty glass decoration with this quote on it:
"When someone you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure."
That saying is so true! I think about Aimee so many times a day and I treasure those memories. I miss her so much! Sometimes I can't believe the past couple months are real and that she's actually gone from this life. I know she lives on and I'll see her again, but I miss the interactions we could have had here. I'm grateful for the time I had with her though. She is such an amazing person!

When Garrett and I were dating he'd come over at night and play with Aimee while I'd fix dinner. One of the things that I fell in love with was watching her play with him. Seeing how kind, gentle and patient he was with her was endearing.

One day he'd been there with us through the evening and I'd gotten Aimee tucked into bed. We were sitting on my couch talking and Aimee came out and looked at us and said, "Are you two going to get married?" We hadn't been dating long and I was fumbling for words and hurried her back into bed. When I came back in her audacious comments prompted some talk about future plans. I'm quite certain she helped things move along a bit more quickly than they would have otherwise.


When we were taking photos on our wedding day Aimee climbed up on a bench and called us over to her. She told us to sit down and she came up behind us and hugged us. I love that photo of the three of us! Her sweet smile and those adorable auburn curls framing her face are something I loved seeing. She was so beautiful and energetic! I miss her vibrant personality!

One of my ScrapGirls friends (Brandy Murry) made this layout for me. I'm going to try to post about each of the layouts that were made for me to display at the viewing. I love the quote on this one.


I think my new antibiotic is working. My cough is better than yesterday at least. I slept most of the morning after breakfast and that helped too. I don't feel as out of breath as yesterday, but I'm not moving around lots. I so want to go outside and weed on this beautiful day, but I know that would not be a wise way to protect my recovering health. Maybe I'll just sit out there for a bit once I get out of my pjs. Right now I'm in my office with the window open, listening to the kids playing and feeling the nice breeze.

I was planning on going to my Mom's stake Relief Society meeting about "Finding Peace" today. I was so sad I didn't make it there. They just sent me a photo of them releasing yellow balloons which is something we did at the cemetery after Aimee's spot was dedicated. I kissed and hugged my balloon before sending it heavenward to my sweet girl. I know some people took photos of the balloons as they were floating up and if anyone has a copy they could send me it would mean a lot.

~Wendee

1 comment:

  1. You are such a wonderful mother Wendee. I love the cute things you do with your kids and your childlike ways. If you find a picture of the balloons from anyone I'd love a copy too! Love you! Katie

    ReplyDelete

1 Year Mark

It's really hard for me to believe that 1 year has gone by. The last week was really hard. Two weeks ago I started having nightmares rel...