Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Birthday Aimee!

Today my sweet Aimee would have turned 18 years old. Tomorrow it will be 3 months since she went to heaven. Well technically Saturday it will be 3 months, but the 13th is always the hardest for me because that is when I knew her brain wouldn't recover. I remember praying late Thursday and early Friday that a miracle would happen. I knew without a doubt if it had been God's will she would have been healed. That was the first time I felt that much faith in the power of healing. I've always believed, but that time it was different somehow. I also knew I could trust in God's will and even though it ended up that she had to go ahead I knew He was aware and knows what was best. I just miss her so much!

Me at the Oquirrh Mt. Temple holding Aimee's temple card
I knew today would be a challenging day for me. To make it special we arranged to do Aimee's temple work today. When someone passes on they usually have to wait a year to have their temple work done. However, if the person was worthy and was too young to have done their own work before passing on then they don't have to wait. I was so glad we were able to do it today! I could feel her near and she was so happy and full of peace and love!

It was really hard for me to see her family name card (the card I'm holding in the photo). I've seen so many of those pink cards as I've done temple work, but to see my daughter's name and info on that card was kind of shocking. However, I could feel how excited she was to have her work done. It was so neat to be able to do it for her. I'd been feeling bad because I was thinking this was the last thing I could do for her on Earth. During the temple session I felt her spirit telling me that the last thing I can do for her is to endure to the end so we can be together as a family through the eternities. I hadn't thought of it that way and it felt good to have her share that with me.

We had so many friends and family at the temple it reminded me of how it will be when we return to our heavenly home. My Dad is a temple worker and this morning he officiated the session. My friend Roxanne Gomez (whom I visit teach) is also a temple worker and she helped me too. It was wonderful to have so many people I care about there for me and Aimee! In addition to Garrett and I being there, my Mom, my siblings and their spouses, Bishop King and Amy King, Bishop Pierce and Randee Pierce, Shane and Kristin LeBarron, Adrian Paschall, Rozanne Paxman, Tresa Haymond, my Aunt Deb and Uncle Roger Roth, and my cousin Paul and his wife Shannon Clawson were all there. I keep thinking there were others there too, but hopefully I listed everyone. It was a really neat session!

I wish I could have seen Aimee all dressed in white with her beautiful face and auburn hair. I remember how darling she was as my flower girl in her white dress outside the temple and at my wedding reception. Then a few years later she was so pretty in her white baptism dress. I hope that someday I'll be able to see her dressed in white as she is sealed to her future spouse. Who knows, maybe she's already met him. At least I know where she's at all the choices will be good ones.

I found out the heart shaped granite with the vase was installed at her spot yesterday. I had planned to have our family go to the cemetery to put flowers in the vase, but it was really rainy and cold with some snow. When the kids got home from school they didn't want to go, so my Mom picked me up and we went up together. Someone had already put some flowers there and I had bought some so I added them to make a larger bouquet.

We've had so many kind things done for us today! My cousin Jenny had a pie delivered with a beautiful note. (She is on a cruise to Mexico and couldn't come today but was here in spirit.) My Olson Aunts, Uncles and cousins sent some beautiful yellow roses in a glass vase. Our home teacher (Brother LeBarron) made a delicious cake he brought over. My friend Mary Scarborough brought me a yellow and pink Gerber daisy and some yummy bread. Many of the youth from our current ward and our ward prior to the split came over and sang happy birthday for Aimee and brought us balloons and cookies. My friend Lori Denny (who was my previous Relief Society President) and her daughter (who was one of Aimee's friends in Laurels) brought me a yellow perennial called "basket of gold". I'm sure I've forgotten something, but I feel so loved and I appreciate everything everyone has done so much!

We also had some family over tonight for dinner, dessert and visiting, and earlier today we went to Chilis for lunch and Lava cake (Aimee's favorite). It has been a really special day. I was worried, but it's turned out well. Thanks to everyone who helped us so much today!

~Wendee

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing these tender thoughts, feelings and experiences. The Lord is close to you right now isn't he? Thanks again, Love you, Pam Wright

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful! Im sure this was a hard day for you. Thank you so much for sharing, though. I got such a feeling of peace just by looking at the picture of you holding her card. How incrediby special that is, Wendee. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been sad all ay that I couldn't make it. I had a baby sitter for my kids and she had to cancel. I'm so sorry. It sounds like it was a great day though! I could feel her happiness too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this post a week or so ago. But did not have a chance to reply. I am so sorry this has happened, but I feel so blessed that you share your feelings. It strengthens my testimony.

    ReplyDelete

1 Year Mark

It's really hard for me to believe that 1 year has gone by. The last week was really hard. Two weeks ago I started having nightmares rel...